Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Breastfeeding days

It's 3.35am in the morning. It's been a regular routine for me to be up at this hour. In the past, I was up at this hr due to 1)watching cable, 2)reading books, 3)surf Internet, 4)just back from work, 5)talking on the phone and on... But ever since the birth of Evangeline, the only basic reason why I'm awake at this wee hr is because I am breastfeeding Evangeline, followed by pumping out all the leftover milk... It's no longer days of me time anymore... Sometimes, my mom will not wake me up to feed Eve, but I still wake up.. Why? How? Simply because, my breasts will be so heavy and difficult to continue sleeping.  It's an auto thingy that I've to get up to release all the milk... I feel that I've changed quite a fair bit because I used to be such a sleepyhead whereby I can sleep up to 18hrs straight in a row after a long flight. It's no longer the case now. The most I can get on some extremely tired days is 6hrs!!! Dat's simply too little for me, a person whom loves sleeping! But for the sake of Eve and to give her the best, I chose to breastfeed. With this, it comes with sacrifices.. I accept it willingly and will persevere until she's 6mths old. Because breast milk is the BEST food for her! Gambatte!!!
These are all the milk that are been expressed out. (These are just in Clementi, I've another batch in Pasir Ris home!) It has been accumulating, accumulating and Eve is not drinking them because most of the time I latched her on. I've given 2 batches to my friend to feed her 1mth old baby and also giving to Glenn Lim (my little 2.5yrs old cousin). My parents say it's good to provide some good nutrients to others who may need them but don't get them...

Breast milk can be stored :-
  • Up to 4 hrs in room temperature
  • Up to 2 days in chiller
  • 3 to 6 mths in a freezer (longer storage time if freezer has a separate compartment)

No comments: