Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

2nd 6-in-1 jab & Rotavirus on 22 Apr 08

This was what I wore when I went for my jab! Do I look big here?

We went to Kid's Clinic in Sengkang for Eve's 2nd 6-in-1 jab & Rotavirus (prevention oral medicine for diarrhoea) in the late morning. Although we had an appt with Dr Allyson Tan (her paediatrician) at 10.30am, we waited till 11.30am. During the checkup, Dr Tan commented the following:
  1. Eve's weight is healthy @ 50% percentile
  2. Eve has steadily increased her weight & usually a bb will doubled her birth weight @ 4th mth but she has almost doubled @ 3rd mth - so she's good!
  3. Eve looks alert & active
  4. Eve starts to recognize people
  5. Eve behaves & seems like a 4 mth old baby
  6. Eve can lift up her head very steadily (when put on her tummy)
  7. Eve can lift up her shoulder firmly (when put on her tummy)
  8. Eve is talkative girl (Because she coos, erhs & responds so much to Dr Tan)
  9. Eve is a pretty girl
  10. Eve is fierce! (Because she was screaming & making so much noise)
After the checks, Dr Tan fed her Rotavirus oral medicine & administered the 6-in-1 jab into her right buttock. She let out a cry and was alright after that. I think she's pretty brave and didn't really cry out like a wailing child! We were afraid that she'll develop fever due to the jab and fed her paracetamol once we reached home. Luckily, Eve was fine throughout the day and still as active as always. She doesn't need any jab now until 2 mths later on 24 Jun 08 @ 1130hrs for her 3rd jab.

Her growth
Weight: 5.9kg
Length: 62cm

At first I was worried about her growth and development because she was considered pretty short in length (47cm) at birth. However, she has caught up with the average babies in length and weight. I am also very happy that Dr Tan said she's like a 4 mth old baby in terms of behaviour & actions. I think she has grew pretty well & fast and I start to think "Hmm, perhaps it's due to my breastmilk which makes her more alert, active & intelligent!" Suddenly, I felt that all my nightshift and great efforts in latching & pumping paid off well. I should continue my duties as a conscientious mummy!  

1 comment:

jameskup said...

My "Red Bean" Evangeline.....You are 3 months old already, so you cannot be so naughty and always bully Mama and Mummy,ok? Daddy will always play with you and make you feel time spent with Daddy is very enjoying, ha, ha, ha.....You will always be Daddy favourite "Red Bean"! Love ya lots....